Saturday, June 25, 2011

Machelle's Easy Enchilada's

Fast, Easy and oh, so good!!
I have had several ladies ask about making enchilada's after trying the "Make Ahead Mexican Meat" and "10 Minute Enchilada Sauce" I posted last time. So I thought I'd send a little follow up to that post and let you know how I make Enchilada's that are moist, yummy and loved by the entire family! Enjoy!

Machelle's Easy Enchilada's

Assemble all ingredients before beginning: plenty of shredded cheese (I like mexican blend), tortillas, enchilada sauce and shredded beef or chicken if you are using any.

Pour about 1-1/2-2 cups of enchilada sauce (store bought or homemade) in the bottom of a 9x13 pan. You can use more or less depending on your preferences, but we like it "saucy". I always double the recipe to the "10 Minute Enchilada Sauce" because we use so much! Next take flour tortillas (I have never had good luck with corn) and coat both sides of tortilla with the sauce from the bottom of the pan. Next, place a few TBS shredded cheese OR meat in tortilla, with a few TBS sauce on top, roll up tortilla, and place in pan. Add more sauce to bottom of pan if you run out as you go.

**I have found that placing the sauce in the bottom of the pan AND coating the tortillas is the KEY to moist, restaraunt style tortillas.**

When the pan is full, pour rest of sauce over top making sure to leave no exposed tortilla, and sprinkle liberally with cheese. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until sauce is bubbly and cheese is melted.  I think it looks nice with a dollop of sour cream, sliced olives, diced tomatoes and diced green onions as a garnish, but alas, the kids would have a coronary if I did that, so it's usually just served with sour cream at our house!



Have a perfectly wonderful day,

Machelle 

No comments:

Post a Comment